Monday, May 23, 2011

O2B2 DC May 2011

I'll be honest, when I first heard about the Out of the Beauty Box Tour, I really wasn't sure about it. While it wasn't nearly as expensive as some of the other class options I had once been looking into, it still was still quite a lot of money to plunk down from my transitioning college budget.

So, I did some research. Fished around, stalked the site (found here), read reviews, and then repeated the process for a while as I thought it over before finally deciding to go ahead and do it.

Actually, I'm really glad I did. So, my thoughts are:

  • Koren was an excellent teacher. He moved at a nice pace, answered all of our questions, kept the mood light, and was super cool to meet. (Also told me how to get eyelash glue off my shirt!)
  • The class was very informative, going over things like color theory and Koren threw in lots of tips and tricks that could help improve your speed and technique
  • I would imagine that this class could be repetitive for those that do makeup on others often but I think a person would still be able to manage to pick up something new.
  • In regards to the above, if that is the case....the class is still worth its cost because of the kit you receive
  • Uhm....goodies?! I like goodies...and you get some pretty excellent stuff as well.
(My computer must've gotten excited because it blue screened during that last part)

I will also say that if you're signing up for the classes, don't miss out on the classes that focus more on the business side as well. I was lucky enough to be picked to attend the Contracts class while I was there and I feel like that was a really, really helpful class. It went over some things I probably wouldn't have thought about on my own and how to get those things right.

Gorgeous Model
 What else did I have to say? Overall it was a great experience and I'm glad I took the trip over to do it.

Koren at Work
 Below is a class picture. These ladies we so cool. Also, while on a group trip to get lunch together, they put some things in perspective for me. Like, lately everywhere I turn people have been telling me to do everything I want to do, love to do, etc. because I am still young and at the perfect age to do so. I guess meeting them and hearing pretty much that same message as well as some personal experiences made me feel more like I should take all the opportunities presented to me and do what I would really love to do, whatever that may be (I'm currently a professional floater...i don't know what I want to be when I grow up so I just let the wind take me wherever~)

I'm really glad we exchanged contact information and such. When I get a chance, I'll edit this to links to their youtubes and such since a few said they would be posting a review soon as well.

Class picture!
So, all in all it was a pretty good weekend. If I ever get the chance to, I will definitely be signing up to take the airbrush class. One day, one day. lol

Anyhow, that is it for me tonight. Officially hitting E right now.
If anybody would like to know what exactly the kit contained or had any other questions, feel free to shoot me a comment and I'll respond okay?

Until next time~ (^_^)v

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks hun ;D
      This looks really awesome. I love Koren's youtube videos!

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...