Friday, May 13, 2011

Reward Yourself FOTD


Face:
Rock&Republic pressed powder in Cashmere
MAC Superdupernatural mineralize blush

Brows:
MAC Brow Pencil in Strut

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Big Bounce eyeshadow thing in Reward Yourself
An unmarked brown eyeshadow
MAC Femme-fi

Lips:
One swipe of MAC Lustering, followed by Play Time, followed by Honeyflower


Below is a picture of my Big Bounce shadow and a quick swatch.

Ta-da~!


I know a lot of people in the blog world didn't really care for these which was partially the reason why I was going to just completely pass on them. But I went in to MAC to get a lighter brow pencil and ended up warming up to them after making conversation with an employee at the counter.

The consistency is definitely different from anything I've experienced in an eyeshadow since it's kind of creamy and whipped, but not quite like a mousse and is pretty wet. Because of this (and all the negative reviews), I put mine on with a patting motion, using my finger and starting out with very little, pretty much going 'pat pat' until it was dry.

For me, it went on evenly and over my primer I had over a solid 8 hours of wear with no creasing. Actually, I would consider buying more! I'm not in a huge rush though, so we'll see if I really do.

Anyhow, that's all for me today. Anybody else try something that a lot of people seemed to hate and loved it?

FTC Disclosure: Bought and tried at the risk of my own money and the recorded result (in this case praise) is my honest opinion.

4 comments:

  1. I love your hair! Pretty lipstick too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have heard so many bad things about them but I am glad to hear something positive. Your eyeshadow is gorgeous and I love the lip mix you came up with. Great look!
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. u look beautiful&gorgeous as always honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look beautiful and love that big bounce i want it xx new follower love the blog it would be great if we could follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...