Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh Winter...

Sometimes I feel like there are two kinds of people in the world, ones that love winter or ones that love summer. My boyfriend is a true summer lover. Not only was he born in July, but as soon as the first leaf touches the ground, it's time to break out the gloves and heavy jackets. On the other hand, as long as I can layer to get warm enough, I prefer the winter. Nothing beats snuggling under layers as opposed to sweating your butt off. My personal motto is "You can always add layers to get warm, but if you're hot...once you're naked... it's game over".

Anyhow, as much as I love winter, I'm not a fan of some of the consequences that come along with it. My skin and hair tends to get a lot dryer this time of year. I usually end up having to make sure I switch to heavier creams, adding in some night time care as well. I normally take long hot showers, but during winter I try to limit those as well.  For my hair, more leave in conditioners is a must. It's been a while since I've worn a hat, but this year I'm considering braiding up my hair or something so that I can wear one~. I'm sure that would help. I also end up having to switch to something like Head and Shoulders once in a while when washing my hair.

To be honest, I also tend to stay inside more often to avoid the possibility of being cold. I really am not good at loving winter up close...but seriously...it beats the hot sun hands down!

2 comments:

  1. I am a spring person. I hate being hot but I also hate being cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it could just be comfortable all year round. Then I wouldn't have to worry.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...