Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First Time Hair Mix

The other day I decided that I wanted to experiment with making my own whipped body and hair butter on a whim.
 After some light research and realizing I had a lot of the needed on hand I mananged to get my hands on some shea butter to experiment.
All I did for this was mix 8oz of shea butter, some jojoba oil, coconut oil, and almond oil together and then blend it with my hand mixer for a few minutes before adding in a little vanilla and (my favorite!!) Lilac for a little added scent.

Some Fragrance
Weapons Of Choice








All Whipped Up
I'm actually pretty pleased with the results. I've been using it on my skin everyday for a little over a week and my skin has been so soft, the scent lingers longer than the average moisturizer, and most importantly, my skin feels hydrated all day.
Ive been trying it in my hair, and I have mixed success with it. It makes my hair feel very soft which I love...but if I use it wet, my hair still feels a little dry later on. On my dry hair though, it reacts much better. Ill have to keep on experimenting.
But overall...once I run out, I do plan on making more. Simple, cheap, and effective...what's not to love??
I know my pictutes are in a wacked out order...I really do hate the android blogger app.
All Scooped Up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...